Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

My weight loss secrets so far




Funny Confession Ecard: My mind is like, 'Let's go to the gym!' but my body is all, 'Dude chill, this couch is really comfortable.'

My first month of  attempted weight loss has come and gone and here are a few secrets I've learned so far:


Secret #1: You can't have cookies for breakfast.  This fact may surprise some of you, but it is true.  We have such lazy summer mornings this year that by the time we get up and going, it's been a lot easier to grab a few cookies (any kind will do) and pop them in my mouth as we head out the door.


Secret #2: Exercise is imperative.  Really. I've been told any movement will do, including getting up to change the channel on the t.v. instead of using the remote (do t.v.'s even have those buttons anymore?!) Walking to the mailbox, riding around the block on your bike, tying your shoes (ok that last one may not count, but as hard as I have to work at it, I count it!)

Secret #3: Drink lots of water.  This is much easier for me in the summer than it is in the winter.  I've never been real great at being completely hydrated and it seems that the only time I actually consume the correct amount of water is when I am hiking.  I believe it is 8 glasses of water a day, but I've been told that the more you weigh, the more water you need (and more stops at the facilities!)


So how did I do this month? Fail.  I managed not to do any of the above weight loss secrets, but I still managed to lose 1 lb.....I'm sure that was a fluke.  

I've decided that I will need to take a line from the movie "What About Bob?" and do this weight loss thing in "baby steps"

This month I am going to commit to doing the following:

Drink 8 glasses of water every day.
Have a breakfast that doesn't resemble a baked good of any kind.
Exercise at least 10 minutes 3 times a week.


Doing it this way should be a little less overwhelming.

Pardon what is going to sound like an excuse, but this thing will be a little easier once the kids are back to school and we have a routine again!

Pinned ImagePinned Image

No comments:

Post a Comment